“I can tell you this community is rallying in ways that are just unbelievable”
Raise $1 million by February 1, 2011 to establish a dental school in Kirksville, MO.
- Ranee Brayton, Associate CEO, Northeast Regional Medical Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larry Gardner, Larry Gardner Accounting, email@example.com
Why was Community Friends For ATSU Dental formed?
- Secure private gift support in response to the feasibility study commissioned by the ATSU board of trustees
- Establish broad local support and develop the necessary strategic partnerships
- Ensure the final decision is in favor of northeast Missouri
- Educate the public as to the need for the dental school
- Help meet the need for dentists in rural and underserved areas of Missouri
- Southern California (San Diego)
- Central Florida (Orlando)
Support is growing…
K-REDI check presentation; photographed left to right are: Ranee Brayton, Jack Magruder, ATSU President, Bill Lymer, K-REDI Board President and Larry Gardner.
Alliant Bank has pledged $50,000 in support towards establishing a dental school in Kirksville. Co-Chair, Ranee Brayton (center) and ATSU President, Jack Magruder (right), are photographed with Pete Detweiler, Chief Executive Officer for Alliant Bank.
The Kirksville Dental Group presented a check of $20,000 to ATSU President Jack Magruder for the Community Friends for ATSU Dental. Photographed left to right are: Dr. Richard L. Gooch, Dr. Tisha Kice-Briggs, Dr. Richard Allinson, and Dr. Magruder. (photo by Dr. Kice-Briggs)
A.T. Still University President Jack Magruder, left, receives a $100,000 donation from Northeast Regional Medical Center CEO Eric Barber. Also present were Northeast Regional Medical Center Board Chairman Jim Robertson and Community Friends for Kirksville Dental co-chair Ranee Brayton.
Michael Schwend, Chief Executive Officer and President of Preferred Family Healthcare, recently announced Preferred Family's $40,000 pledge of support to Community Friends for ATSU Dental. Photographed is Schwend (right) presenting a check to Randy Rogers, Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement at ATSU.
- Kirksville Regional Economic Development, Inc. (K-REDI) voted unanimously to pledge $100,000 - Read more
- Northeast Regional Medical Center has announced their $100,000 pledge of support - Read more
- Alliant Bank has pledged $50,000
- Kirksville Dental Group, Drs. Allinson, Gooch, and Kice-Briggs, have pledged $20,000 - Read more
- Northeast Missouri Health Council, Inc., has pledged support and promised to assist in developing training opportunities
- Missouri Governor Jay Nixon has formally endorsed the proposed dental school
- ATSU faculty and staff have pledged over $53,000 to date
- Letters of support and pledges to provide training slots from CHC and primary care associations in the Dakotas, Indiana, Iowa/Nebraska, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin, as well as from the Cherokee Nation Health Services Group
- Letters of support from:
- Governor Jay Nixon
- Blaine Luetkemeyer, U.S. 9th District Representative
- House Concurrent Resolution No. 13, sponsored by Zachary Wyatt, Missouri 2nd District Representative
- Rachel L. Bringer, Missouri 6th District Representative
- Tom Shively, Missouri 8th District Representative
- Adair County Commission
- Adair County Health Department
- City of Kirksville
- Kirksville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Missouri Area Health Education Centers Operating Board
- Missouri Primary Care Association's Oral Health Network
- Local dentists, business owners, banking industry professionals and real estate companies have pledged support